NOOB HELP!!!!

Adrenalyn

Ok guys, here goes.... 2006 crew cab taco, 4 wheel drive. No stranger to lift kits and lets just say "above average" skill level when it comes to custom lifts/drops/ and custom fab. I've got a pretty good amount of money to drop to make this happen but I want to be sure I go about it the best way. The only constant on this build is I already have 37x12.75(metric) on hand awaiting install, and I want to avoid using a body lift if possible- other than that it's a blank canvas, I just need help pulling the trigger on my parts orders. What's the best route to take?

On hand already-
-6" pro-comp Lift
-3" body lift(I want to avoid using if possible)
-37x12.75s

I'm not going to use the rear lift components from the kit, in favor of building either a 3 or 4 link with coil springs and use the shocks that came with it. I've never done a lift on this particular truck so i just am not familiar with the specifics of what I can get away with. Any help you guys can lend would be really appreciated and the faster the better. I wanna finish this thing within the next 2-3 months....

-DJ

The wheels are 20x9's with I think a 0 offset. That'd make it about 5" but I'll measure it when I get home. Yeah I've seen some of the upper control arms by total chaos and others, but damn paying $600 for a set of something I can build. I'd almost rather fab a long travel setup. There was a guy on either here or pirate 4x4 who actually designed his own long travel LCAs and just sent the cut file to a local machine shop to have them waterjet'd. I recall he said he was running the same size tires as well but haven't had any luck finding the thread again.

So that's enough to clear the ball joint on the UCAs but not enough to worry about clipping the cab or front bumper when I turn?

You pretty much have to trim cab mount regargless unless your doing stock sizes plus an inch

How extensive? I really do not want to run the body lift so if going all out with a straight axle and coil overs is what's needed then I'm prepared to do it. I did like the long travel idea because it would keep the trucks overall height a little more reasonable for street driving but I'd want to build the set up myself. Any ideas?

How extensive? I really do not want to run the body lift so if going all out with a straight axle and coil overs is what's needed then I'm prepared to do it. I did like the long travel idea because it would keep the trucks overall height a little more reasonable for street driving but I'd want to build the set up myself. Any ideas?
If you go SAS, take lots of pics!!

If you go SAS, take lots of pics!!
Will do man! Truthfully Id rather set it up like a pre-runner with long travel A-arms and a medium travel 2 link in the rear just for the sake of saving some fab time. There's no guarantee I'm going to keep this truck when I'm done and id like to get started on my blower truck sooner than later.

Back