Oil change question

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by warakesTaco, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:11 AM.

1. warakesTaco

warakesTaco Well-Known Member

I’m fairly new to the 3rd generation Tacoma. I bought a 2017 trd sport with 20K miles on it. Changed the oil right when I bought it and my maintenance light came on at 25K. I’ve been hearing that 3rd gen Tacoma’s are 10K mile oil changes not 5K, is this true?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

They advertise 10k mile oil changes however the service light comes on ever 5k miles. According to the maintenance schedule at 5k miles youre supposed to go to dealer for tire rotation and inspection, 10k miles is oil change, tire rotation, and inspection. Personally I change my oil every 6 months, 5k to 6k mile range, rotate tires once a year.

Scott Wyman and warakesTaco like this.
  4. OP
    warakesTaco

warakesTaco Well-Known Member

Makes sense now thanks.