Oil change!!!

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by skylernalley25, Aug 12, 2017.

1. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I use synthetic for the added protection because I drive my truck hard. Either one will work fine though.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^this is good advice. Most important is the weight and keeping up with oil changes.

OR17TRD likes this.
  4. Mobile one extended life with mobile filter

5. It should be 0-w20 full synthetic

6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Mobil 1 0W-20 with KN filter here. Have always done 3,000 mile oil changes in past. Think I'll go 5,000 intervals now with the Tacoma.

7. pondman

pondman Well-Known Member

We go 8- 10 k , and check every other tank of gas , if you are burning oil , or are Leaking like a White House press secretary !

Bogunn likes this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

LOL......I've considered the 8-10K interval.......seems like alot of revolutions on the oil.

9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Toyota recommends 3rd gen Tacoma oil be change at 10k with synthetic... But it’s hard to let it go that long when you’re use to 3k and 5k intervals. I changed the oil on my 2017 at 5k Miles but that’s bcause it was at 1 year. I only drive it about 5k Miles a year so I’ll be changing it every 5k Miles or 1 year. I’ll probably use the OEM filter and mobil1 synthetic 0w20 once my 2year free services are up.

pondman and Bogunn like this.
  10. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Before I purchased the Tacoma I was doing some research on the maintenance. Raised my eyebrows a bit when I read 10K intervals on the oil. My boss lets the company suburban run down to about 5% oil life which totals about 16K miles before he gets the oil changed. I figure if the engine goes to crap while I'm driving.....I'm on the time-clock so works for me! LOL

Bogunn likes this.
  11. pondman

pondman Well-Known Member

Excellente !

OR17TRD likes this.