Oil types

5w30 of what ever oil you like.
Some will say synthetic some will say Dino and many will give their brand they like. If you change your oil every 5k Miles it won’t matter, synthetics or conventional. If you like to go 10k synthetic isn't going to break down as fast. The filters are usually good for 5k Miles. I’ve heard people saying they used conventional for the life of the truck and started using synthetic and the engine developed leaks and ran worse than before. They switched back and the leaking stopped and the truck ran fine.
It’s one of those things that has a lot of subjective responses.
Lots of people like Mobil1 synthetic.

5w30 of what ever oil you like.
Some will say synthetic some will say Dino and many will give their brand they like. If you change your oil every 5k Miles it won’t matter, synthetics or conventional. If you like to go 10k synthetic isn't going to break down as fast. The filters are usually good for 5k Miles. I’ve heard people saying they used conventional for the life of the truck and started using synthetic and the engine developed leaks and ran worse than before. They switched back and the leaking stopped and the truck ran fine.
It’s one of those things that has a lot of subjective responses.
Lots of people like Mobil1 synthetic.

Thanks for the info... that was the point of this post for people to be subjective and let me make a decision from the info gathered. ‍♂️

Like OR17TRD said, as long as you're changing it in proper intervals it doesn't matter what you run... some guys like certain oils cause it makes them feel better, but the tacoma doesn't care. There are only 4 oil manufactures in the u.s. there's lots of additives, but really only 4 actual choices. If you are really picky and want the best product possible, run a motorcycle specific oil. They have better detergents in the oil cause they have more moving parts inside them running at much higher rpms. There isn't a car oil on the market that is designed to handle 17,000rpms with 1,000 little moving parts running synonymously. Personally I run cheap Castrol gtx 5w30 dino oil and I'm pushing 275,000 and counting. My truck runs like a mother in laws mouth! It's all about consistency.

Back