Onboard water anyone?

Lacho

I make a lot of fishing trips to the beach and I carry around two 1-gallon jugs of fresh water to wash off after handling bait and what not and it works alright but I would really like an onboard water system. I'm not so much interested in being able to shower but something mounted discretely that I can route a spigot to so I don't have to be carrying around the jugs would be nice, plus freeing up the space in the back seat storage for other necessities would be great. Anyone have any ideas of a tank that I could use and where to mount it?

I use a pair of "Waterbricks" when camping. They are ~3.5 gallons each, and look and stack like Lego's. they have spigots, and are great for anything from washing up (we do a lot of dishes using them in my scout troop) to carrying drinking water.
View attachment 11692

Yea I've seen them and they look pretty neat but I'm trying to get something mounted on the truck itself so I don't have to lug around anything extra

Well I ended up making a diy container that holds 3.5 gallons out of a 5.5' piece of 4" pvc that I stuck between the bed and side panel with a removable spout... not exactly a pro job but sure is functional and for $15 I am very satisfied with the end result... ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1497143926.602396.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1497143944.563375.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1497143976.839602.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1497144229.587225.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1497144255.406465.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1497144276.391328.jpg

Going to make a tube water source that fits on my rack. Going to paint it black so the sun will heat it better. I’ll add a air intake port so I can pressurize it from my on-board compressor. But your idea is my base. So thank you.

Hey man glad I could help, I’ve put mine to real good use lately with hunting season in full swing, I eventually want to get onboard air and maybe pressurize it as well, of course I’ll need to tweak a few things but in the mean time it’s worked great, definitely put up some pics when you get it done

Hey man glad I could help, I’ve put mine to real good use lately with hunting season in full swing, I eventually want to get onboard air and maybe pressurize it as well, of course I’ll need to tweak a few things but in the mean time it’s worked great, definitely put up some pics when you get it done

Back