One piece driveshaft?

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Boss_Taco77, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Boss_Taco77

Boss_Taco77 Well-Known Member

I have been reading of people having problems with their carrier bearings and most with lifts get vibrations from their driveshaft. Does anyone have experience or input on the Tom woods one piece driveshaft?
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The Tom Woods one piece driveshaft supposedly bolt right up and a lot of people swear by them as far as reducing or eliminating driveshaft vibration.
    My only concern would be are they heavier? Do they cause more wear and stress on your driveline components? Maybe they don’t though because I’ve never heard anyone complain about early wear after installing one.
    Boss_Taco77 likes this.
  4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I’ve heard they cause more vibration out of the box. I believe it could be from shipping damage.