P2441 Code won’t go away

Flingel Bunt

2010 Tacoma, 2wd, manual trans, 2.7L 4cyl

In response to P2441(secondary air switching valve stuck closed) I have replaced every single component in that system:

Secondary air switching valve (ASV)
Secondary air injection pump (AIP)
Hose connecting AIP to ASV
Manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP)
Hose connecting ASV to MAP

In addition, I have bench tested the ASV, found the solenoid to be fully responsive to input voltage; the reed valve is clean and moves freely. Attaching a test lamp to the ASV switching power line shows that the ASV is energized during cold starts, concurrent with AIP operation which is audibly running. I have verified continuity at the ASV electrical connector.

Still I get p2441, 2 codes, 1 pending. It comes back repeatedly after clearing the code with code reader. This is interfering with my ability to register my vehicle.

Last edited:
Check the wires......and the sensor.

You may have a loose wire or an abraded wire intermittently shorting to ground.

You may need to dig into the wiring diagram. Perhaps what you think is wrong isn't what is triggering the code.

Good Luck

In response to P2441(secondary air switching valve stuck closed) I have replaced every single component in that system:

In addition, I have bench tested the ASV, found the solenoid to be fully responsive to input voltage; the reed valve is clean and moves freely. Attaching a test lamp to the ASV switching power line shows that the ASV is energized during cold starts, concurrent with AIP operation which is audibly running. I have verified continuity at the ASV electrical connector.

Still I get p2441, 2 codes, 1 pending. It comes back repeatedly after clearing the code with code reader. This is interfering with my ability to register my vehicle.
how about vacuum hoses conected to those items ? Are any cracked or stiff and brittle ? Happened to me ! Replaced some and fixxed the problem !

Back