Paint discoloured on lower rocker panels

Raeburn

2017 Offroad Alpine White (aka Super White), the lower rocker panels have a slight "yellow tinge" compared to the rest of the paint. Almost looks like the factory textured rock guard paint has a different hue to it as it's a perfectly straight line across the bottom of both sides of the truck where the textured paint is. Anyone else with Alpine White or Super White notice this on theirs?
I'll try to get a good pic of it tomorrow in the daylight.

2017 Offroad Alpine White (aka Super White), the lower rocker panels have a slight "yellow tinge" compared to the rest of the paint. Almost looks like the factory textured rock guard paint has a different hue to it as it's a perfectly straight line across the bottom of both sides of the truck where the textured paint is. Anyone else with Alpine White or Super White notice this on theirs?
I'll try to get a good pic of it tomorrow in the daylight.
Yes I do. I’ve noticed a few different shades of white. Someone else started a thread about paint issues on the super white. I’ll see if I can find it.
My super white 2007 Tundra had it really bad and Toyota actually recalled and painted a few of them. They wouldn’t do anything for mine even though every panel was a different shade of white. Toyota had done a one stage paint application with the super white and it failed. The paint and clear coat where together. SMH.
I’m hoping they fixed it with these. Time will tell.
I would however complain to the dealer and get it in writing. Maybe even call cooperate start a case. The reason why toyota wouldn’t do anything for me with the Tundra was that I didn’t complain soon enough about the issue. Later they came out and said yup our paint is failing but only fixed the ones that people had complained early on about. I noticed it but as time went on I really noticed it. So I googled it and sure enough paint issues on super white Tundra. WTF. To late.

Back