Passenger Headlamp Problem

Eweneek1

Granddaughter has a 2020 Tacoma Sport truck. The right headlamp is partially working. On low beam the outer white ring does not light. Is there a fuse or bulb that is associated? Attached photos of the left and right headlamps.Right Passenger.jpgLeft Drivers .jpg

I'd go with a loose connection, as well. The LEDs could be burnt out, but it's unlike all would go at the same time unless they were shorted out.

Of course it looks like there is some misalignment of the fender skirt and the plastic below the headlight and some scuffing on the top front of the "bumper". Accident?

Idk if it's just the way the picture appears, but are those led's? They appear different than my 2020 As far as I know there are no left, and right headlight fuses.

Checked the wiring and no problem. Unplugged and plugged the headlight. Same problem. Everything looks OK. All the other lights in the passenger headlamp work except the one. I did see there is moisture inside the headlamp.IMG_2281.jpg

I've heard of salt spray getting to the socket contacts on conventional headlights, and causing a bigger issue shorting out, while melting the wiring, but this looks much different. Have you checked the bulb? If an led, they do fail.

Last edited:
Water in the headlamp is not normal.

Suggest replacing the entire unit with an OEM. Yeah, I know. They are pricey. Many times the knockoffs have a short lifespan and funky lenses or reflectors.

Be aware. You can DIY the headlamp replacement. You'll have the entire front end apart. Then you'll need to have the headlamps aimed, professionally.

Thought about a replacement and checked price at the dealer, $1200. May try drying the unit with a hair dryer and see if that helps.

Thought about a replacement and checked price at the dealer, $1200. May try drying the unit with a hair dryer and see if that helps.
Sure you could try that.

But consider. How did the water get in there?

Bandaid fixes don't last long. Typically, you end up with the problem again.

Good Luck on the drying.

FWIW, there are other sources for OEM headlights than a dealer.

Gotta be a small crack, if water got in there. Idk, if it's related to your lighting issue, but at any rate, that should be corrected.

Back