Pedal Commander

My tacoma is a 2020 sr5 access cab v6 built in texas. I told the dealer that put the allocation in for the specific tacoma I wanted, be built in texas, not medico. I'm in the very nw corner of connecticut, where its at the foot of the berkshires, and taconics
This is my 1st tacoma coming from a 4.7 gen1 tundra. Throttle response is the same on either, and powerwise, the taco has more up top. Low end is nearly similar. I've been told by other friends that tried my truck, claiming it does run exceptional, compared to others they test drove at dealers.

do you reckon it will still run exceptional at 26+ years of age and 300+ thousand miles
i put a fresh tank of tacoJuice into my '97 yesterday then got onto the 80 highway to exercise the ponies and ran exceptional up to 'safe-enough-speed-to-not-be-pulled-over) like-new at its age and high mileage its truly remarkable :)

do you reckon it will still run exceptional at 26+ years of age and 300+ thousand miles
i put a fresh tank of tacoJuice into my '97 yesterday then got onto the 80 highway to exercise the ponies and ran exceptional up to 'safe-enough-speed-to-not-be-pulled-over) like-new at its age and high mileage its truly remarkable :)
I've got no reason to believe it won't. Just trying to keep this truck at the safe end of the upper speed limit is a chore in itself without using the cruise control. Otherwise you can be doing over 80 mph real easy....it's gotten away from me a few times already. Reminds me a lot of that past tundra I had.

I've got no reason to believe it won't. Just trying to keep this truck at the safe end of the upper speed limit is a chore in itself without using the cruise control. Otherwise you can be doing over 80 mph real easy....it's gotten away from me a few times already. Reminds me a lot of that past tundra I had.
yeah with my taco the only concern with that high of speed is the wind and engine noise induced that i know Gen2 and Gen3 do not suffer from :) it does get bad at times, especially in Iowa and the Dakotas with massive headwinds at times

I still get some wind noise at times when hitting crosswinds. Idk if it's the side mirrors causing it, or the tonneau cover. I'm leaning on the cover, seems thats where the whistling is coming from.

Back