Piston slap cold engine 2.7

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by deacon, Sep 2, 2017.

1. deacon

deacon New Member

03 Tacoma with 110000 miles that has developed what I have determined to be piston slap when engine is cold. First noticed it last winter and did not know what was going on then. If I start engine and take off with out a three minute warm up engine has a terrible hammer on acceleration. Once it is warmed up you can not make it to hammer no matter what you do. Summer time temperatures truck is ok. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone I have determined that I will just live with it and give engine time to warm before take off. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

What oil are you running?

4. billssr5

billssr5 Well-Known Member

maybe using a thicker weight oil would help

Bogunn likes this.
  5. medicseal69

medicseal69 New Member

Could be the valves try thicker oil

Bogunn likes this.