Popping/flapping sound 17 Tacoma

warakesTaco

I need of some help. Was driving my 17 Trd sport on the fyw going around 70 mph and this weird popping/flopping sound started happening like every min under the truck on the drivers side. Sounded like something was stuck under the drivers side so I pulled over and of course nothing to be found. Went back on the fyw driving cautiously to our destination and sound never came back. Worried it’s something bad and need to drive back home around 80 miles. Only mods I have are 17” Method wheels and new A/T tires with a 2” level kit. Truck only has 20K miles.

I couldn’t find anything and the sound hasn’t come back yet.
Might have picked up a plastic bag on the freeway or something else that as you slowed down and stopped it fell off. I’d just keep driving it like normal and if the sound comes back let us know we will keep trying to help.
Sounds like what ever it was resolved itself for now.

Might have picked up a plastic bag on the freeway or something else that as you slowed down and stopped it fell off. I’d just keep driving it like normal and if the sound comes back let us know we will keep trying to help.

Thanks. Was scary sounding stuff man lol. I was like FKkkkk, brand new Taco with only 20K Miles’s failing me already. My fourth Taco truck since 1998 and love this1 the best. Hope it was something stupid like u said a grocery bag.

Thanks. Was scary sounding stuff man lol. I was like FKkkkk, brand new Taco with only 20K Miles’s failing me already. My fourth Taco truck since 1998 and love this1 the best. Hope it was something stupid like u said a grocery bag.
I took my new truck off road a few weeks ago. After going through this muddy area you could heard this rubbing scratching noise. My buddy that was with me said what is that did you break your truck. I said no sounds like I picked up a hitch hiker. Crawled under the truck and sure enough a branch was wedged in the cross frame by the transfer case. It was dragging on the ground. Took some effort to get it out. No more after that. :D

Made it home with no issues. What ever it was hopefully is long gone.

Back