Possible Tacoma purchase

lordy

Hi all,
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2011 DC (longbed?) TRD Sport with 74K miles. $24K. Spotless in and out, and the undercarriage appears to be near new, but not a replaced frame, just really clean. The truck came from an area where they dont get a lot of snow. I drove it and cant come up with anything I was not happy with except the price. Does this seem like a fair deal? New tires, new brakes. Being a Toyota newb I am hoping you grizzled vets can let me know what to look out for.tacoma 2011.jpg

KBB says $22,510 for “very good condition” with the specs you listed.
You’d be hard pressed to find one for that price though in that condition with the color matched camper shell.
Run the carfax on it, get it checked out by a mechanic you trust, etc.
You can get a brand new gen three for about $10K more with similar options if you shop around.
At the end of the day it’s just according to what you like better. You won’t be disappointed with any route you go. Welcome to the forum and good luck on your purchase.

Hi all,
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2011 DC (longbed?) TRD Sport with 74K miles. $24K. Spotless in and out, and the undercarriage appears to be near new, but not a replaced frame, just really clean. The truck came from an area where they dont get a lot of snow. I drove it and cant come up with anything I was not happy with except the price. Does this seem like a fair deal? New tires, new brakes. Being a Toyota newb I am hoping you grizzled vets can let me know what to look out for.View attachment 12456
Bogunn is right. If you want a Toyota truck you're going to pay for it. $24k seems about right if it's from a dealer. Private party sellers will ask dealer prices on them. Either way use your negotiation skills. 22k-23k is a fair price with the cap and if it's what you say it is. Like bogunn said get it checked out and run the car fax so you know what you're getting into. Let use know what you do.
Welcome to the forum.

I paid $20k for mine last summer. 2009 dcsb sport 4x4 with 80k miles. And that was after looking for several months...

I did it. They wouldnt budge on price. He said he could sell it in a matter of days at full price. It took me a while to accept the fact that Toyotas bring a premium, whereas Nissans could be had newer, fewer miles, for less money. The Nissans were still for sale a week or two after I saw them, but Toyotas sometimes sold by the next day. Didnt take it to a mechanic, went on my own gut. It sounds/drives/stops fine. I've hopefully had enough cars in my time to be able to walk away when something isnt up to snuff. I know there will be things about the truck that I will need help figuring out. Thanks for the feedback, and I'll keep you all posted.

I did it. They wouldnt budge on price. He said he could sell it in a matter of days at full price. It took me a while to accept the fact that Toyotas bring a premium, whereas Nissans could be had newer, fewer miles, for less money. The Nissans were still for sale a week or two after I saw them, but Toyotas sometimes sold by the next day. Didnt take it to a mechanic, went on my own gut. It sounds/drives/stops fine. I've hopefully had enough cars in my time to be able to walk away when something isnt up to snuff. I know there will be things about the truck that I will need help figuring out. Thanks for the feedback, and I'll keep you all posted.
Congratulations on the new to you taco! It's a good looking one.

20,000 g would have been better. But hey. Anything for a 2nd Gen Taco. All the new models have factory defects. So don’t be surprised if your KBB goes up. I bought my DCSB 06/72,000 miles 1 owner for final price of $19,000. No topper. But it did have fabtech lift and other stuff. So. In short. My topper with everything I wanted was $2000. So your pretty close to what it’s worth for sure.

Back