Possibly a new Taco owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Haystack1234, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Haystack1234

Haystack1234 Member

I might be buying a 2007 Tacoma at the end of summer. I know this forum is all about Tacoma so I'm sure there a bias opinion on them, but I want your honest opinions and reviews on it.
    So it's a 2007 double cab long bed, 4x4 with the v6. 97xxx miles. The first owner was my wife's uncle who babied it, he put about 90xxx miles on it. Then my wife's brother bought it, hes a teenager so I'm sure it was used and abused a little, he also got in a small wreck but all parts replaced were from toyota, but overall he did take care of it for the most part. There's nothing really done to it other then that it has FJ rims, he doesn't really know much about cars or anything lol it does have a nice topper aswell. He wants 14000, but would take 13500, he is family so he doesn't want to screw me over and I dont want to screw him over.

So what do yall think? I love Tacomas and I've always wanted one. I know they are very capable offroad and comfortable on road. Is there anything I need to know about them? Things I should look out for?

Tacomania likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Sounds like a decent deal to me . Is it doublecab or access cab?

4. OP
    Haystack1234

Haystack1234 Member

It is a double cab

kp.taco likes this.
  5. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

They are addicting i cant speak to older versions, but i know the boys will. Cant go wromg with a taco. From the price point its and indicator of its value. Regular maintenance should make it long a last time. Also what are you buying it for? Daily driver vehicle? Or for work?

Haystack1234 likes this.
  6. OP
    Haystack1234

Haystack1234 Member

I know they had there value, I've loved toyota my whole life but never had one and I finally have my life set where I want a better/ newer truck or jeep.
    I want this one for a daily but can also do light offloading. Nothing to extreme, just crawl over some rocks and screw around in the dirt

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Seems like a good deal. Do you have pictures?

Haystack1234 likes this.
  8. OP
    Haystack1234

Haystack1234 Member

I'll try and post some up in just a few minutes

9. OP
    Haystack1234

Haystack1234 Member

Here's a few pics 730.jpeg 735.jpeg 741.jpeg 742.jpeg 731.jpeg 737.jpeg

B-Man, OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  10. kp.taco

Haystack1234 likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

Jefrench15 and Haystack1234 like this.
  12. OP
    Haystack1234

Haystack1234 Member

Ya I think it's a good price too as long as there's no frame rot

13. OP
    Haystack1234

Haystack1234 Member

He said 13500 is a family price lol he was asking 14500 for it I think

14. OR17TRD

That truck would be going for $17500-$19,000 in my area. Everyone wants over book on their Tacoma’s especially if they have any aftermarket parts like a cap/tonneau cover, side steps, roof rack, lift, wheels and tires. 4DDA39DF-68C5-4E91-92D7-B79D91193B15.jpeg

kp.taco likes this.
  15. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s a fair deal. If you like the truck get it before someone else does.

16. kp.taco

Yep.. One thing I noticed with 2nd gens during my extensive search is long bed is always cheaper at least in my area anyway

17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Gotta take a dig at the long bed don’t ya Brony?

#LBFL
    LONG BED FOR LIFE

Crawdad, B-Man and kp.taco like this.
  18. kp.taco

Nothing wrong with that. I can't fit sh#t in the back of my truck... Long bed would be nice.

B-Man, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

When you buy your 2019 you’ll have to get a long bed and add an OEM snorkel. You’ll be the coolest guy at your My Little Pony convention.

B-Man likes this.
  20. OR17TRD

They’re all over priced in the PNW.

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity kp, does your family know about your Brony lifestyle?

kp.taco likes this.