Power window failure

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by John P. Ferry, Jan 8, 2019.

1. John P. Ferry

John P. Ferry Member

I found out my passenger side window won't go up or down, 4k on the truck has there been any issues others have had? I tried the switch on my side and the drivers side as well thought it might have frozen but not theta cold in the thirties here and the drivers side works fine. I have to take truck in for 5kin couple of weeks and they said they would check it out . Any ideas as to what it might and if they can fix it without beating the hell out of the truck?

Thanks

John

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Should just be a relay or switch and either should be an easy fix for them.

Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  4. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

If neither switch works it's something they have in common. Likely a relay, motor, or fuse. They each have their own fuse I believe.

5. Denver

Denver Member

Sometimes my hand hits the lock button on mine. Could it be that the window lock button is engaged ?

Bojangles, OR17TRD, Bogunn and 2 others like this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Always good to start simple and work up. I like your thinking. :D

Bojangles, B-Man and texasred like this.
  7. TRD448

TRD448 New Member

My 18 taco has 18,000 and started to do the same thing on the rear passenger window. If I turn the ignition off and back on it’s seems to fix. Still need to go to the dealership to address the issue

Scott Wyman, B-Man and texasred like this.
  8. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

I smell warranty work...

Scott Wyman, B-Man and OR17TRD like this.