Premium Audio, not JBL on 2019, speaker questions...

pipedog

Hi all, I am looking at a few different speaker options for my 19. In the front there are 6x9’s, and tweeters in the dash. This has led me to look at separates from Infinity, JL, and a set of Kicker separates. My question is; are the factory speakers in a non JBL Equipped Tacoma full range, are there crossovers on the actual speakers, in-line somewhere after the head unit\amp, or does the head unit itself do electronic crossover for the factory separates? Also, are the dash and front door speakers 4 ohms each, or do they present a different resistance?

Well, I am going to answer the questions that I posed here.
I ended up purchasing the kicker 6x9 separates for the front, as well as 6.5 kickers for the rear doors. The factory speakers are full range with the tweeters in the dash having a capacitor installed after the speaker terminal. The head unit is rated at 4 ohms which is moot in my situation as I decided to use an external amplifier which is stable @ 2 ohms for each full range channel, and 1 ohm stable for sub channel. If anyone has questions about disassembly or stereo related things for your gen3 please feel free to reach out.

Back