pretty much guaranteed balance?

Usually tires not balanced will start steering wheel shake at 50-55. What size tires do you have and are they cupped or show signs of even wear? Check tire pressure? You can also switch front to rear (rotate) and see if the problem goes away. Then you will know it's a tire out of balance. Also a damaged/bent wheel can cause this problem. Good luck ....

Last edited:
Usually tires not balanced will start steering wheel shake at 50-55. What size tires do you have and are they cupped or show signs of even wear? Check tire pressure? You can also switch front to rear (rotate) and see if the problem goes away. Then you will know it's a tire out of balance. Also a damaged/bent wheel can cause this problem. Good luck ....

No damage to wheels, tires are new when I bought the truck they are fuzion suv 111t but they do look a little low. Gonna too them off today. I’m pretty sure it’s balance but I’m really trying to get good tires so I guess I’ll just wait till then. Not getting a balance can’t be that bad right? Just have to deal with the micheal j Fox mobile?

Just in case that doesn't fix it, my driveshaft was was recently diagnosed to be the cause of the vibration. Replaced it, vibration stopped. '10 4x4 trd.
I just received a notification from Toyota, others probably have too, it's a Warranty Enhancement Program.

"Toyota has received a number of reports regarding Propeller Shaft Universal Joints on certain 2005 - 2011 model year Tacoma vehicles. In these reports, customers have indicated that there is a drivetrain vibration and/or drivetrain noise. If the vehicle continues to be driven with the aforementioned condition, there is a risk of severe damage to the propeller shaft. While the majority of vehicles will not experience this condition, we are offering the following New Vehicle Warranty Extension: ........Once the Toyota Dealership has confirmed the existence of the condition on the vehicle, and confirms that the vehicle meets the terms set out in this document (such as the mileage limitation and months-in-service from the vehicle's warranty registration date), the vehicle will be repaired with new Propeller Shaft Universal Joint(s) under the terms of this Warranty Enhancement Program." It also says the shaft may be replaced if damaged by the condition of the u-joint.

The primary coverage lasts until Nov. 26, 2018 (no year or mileage limitation).
The secondary coverage is for 12 years from the date of first use, regardless of mileage.

No damage to wheels, tires are new when I bought the truck they are fuzion suv 111t but they do look a little low. Gonna too them off today. I’m pretty sure it’s balance but I’m really trying to get good tires so I guess I’ll just wait till then. Not getting a balance can’t be that bad right? Just have to deal with the micheal j Fox mobile?

There's nothing humorous about people dealing with a life altering disease. Why would you write that? It's ignorant, delete it from your post.

There's nothing humorous about people dealing with a life altering disease. Why would you write that? It's ignorant, delete it from your post.

At ease with the “ignorant” though. Not deleting anything. Not from california or Russia. Sorry if I offended but maybe just keep scrolling and chill out

If you belong to a forum you're gonna be offended one way or another although I agree it's not cool.

Yeah I mean I feel ya, and I apologized. But Jesus... maybe bc I’m Army or whatever but to demand someone delete something is real pussified. That’s what’s wrong with our generation

In all fairness to the OP no one makes more fun of their condition than Michael j Fox & the OP wasn't making light of any condition merely a reference, no offense meant...

At ease with the “ignorant” though. Not deleting anything. Not from california or Russia. Sorry if I offended but maybe just keep scrolling and chill out

Now you pissed ME off, what's wrong with Commiefornia ?...:p

Yeah I mean I feel ya, and I apologized. But Jesus... maybe bc I’m Army or whatever but to demand someone delete something is real pussified. That’s what’s wrong with our generation

Thank you for apologizing. It wasn't necessary and I didn't expect it but I thought maybe you would see my point and just edit your post. What's pussified about that?
I wasn't offended, someone else made that assumption but I'm sure you can agree, that joking about someone with Parkinson's disease is not cool. I'll point that out to people every time.

We aren't the same generation. I'm old enough to be your father, and I don't believe you meant to be hurtful to anyone, but being considerate of others has nothing to do with generations or being a pussy. End of rant.

Thank you for apologizing. It wasn't necessary and I didn't expect it but I thought maybe you would see my point and just edit your post. What's pussified about that?
I wasn't offended, someone else made that assumption but I'm sure you can agree, that joking about someone with Parkinson's disease is not cool. I'll point that out to people every time.

We aren't the same generation. I'm old enough to be your father, and I don't believe you meant to be hurtful to anyone, but being considerate of others has nothing to do with generations or being a pussy. End of rant.

Are you 50 something? Bc I’m damn near 30

Back