Preventative maintenance

jprins23

Hey guys! 09 tacoma here. Just reached 200k. What would you recommend for preventative maintenance so I can last another 100k? I do keep up with the oil and plugs. Did my tranny fluid and gear oil as well. What should I focus on and what should I not waste my time on? Thanks!

I just hit 210,000 on my 07. You might want to think about upper and lower ball joints. Mine went right at 200,000. Also, make sure you are keeping up on your u joints.

Brake fluid change (flush) ever other year (every 20K miles). If the fluid is anything but clear, it has water in it. I've never lost a master cylinder, wheel cylinder or caliper to leaking by changing the fluid every other year. One quart will do a car, a quart and pint will do a full size pickup.

Hey guys! 09 tacoma here. Just reached 200k. What would you recommend for preventative maintenance so I can last another 100k? I do keep up with the oil and plugs. Did my tranny fluid and gear oil as well. What should I focus on and what should I not waste my time on? Thanks!

I had my shop do everything recommended for over 100 thousand. It actually had 150 thousand hwy. on my 07, changed all fluids, filters, and belt. Even though I didnt have any problems, I didn't want any. My girl takes care of me and I take care of her.

I had my shop do everything recommended for over 100 thousand. It actually had 150 thousand hwy. on my 07, changed all fluids, filters, and belt. Even though I didnt have any problems, I didn't want any. My girl takes care of me and I take care of her.

That's good but my motto is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If something is going to fail, you will know and hopefully fix it before it does.
Not saying I don't do PM though LOL.
I have an 06 TRD Dbl Cab with 240K and all I have done is replace oil and transmission fluids and drive shaft U joints. That's the beauty of Tacoma's; They're designed to last and not be expendable like today's new vehicles.

Back