Prospective Tacoma Buyer

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by GrantF, Nov 6, 2017.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I know right...
    630D7267-1A0B-4107-B95E-250F3AF01243.jpeg

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

longshore and OR17TRD like this.
  4. OR17TRD

With the lift and the long bed it’s pushing the “midsize” truck. When I’m next to a stock F150 or a 1st gen tundra they are very close in size.

kp.taco likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

RenderedContent-2DC613BD-14F2-4459-8CFD-E8FAD5BBBA79.JPG
    I love my long bed. Wouldn’t want a 5 ft bed anymore, I’ve had two in the past but I missed the room. The foot does make a difference hauling lumber, etc.
    OR17TRD is right. The DCLB is a pushing the midsize truck realm. It’s as long as most full sizes.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

You mean like the jeep wave where you're trying to flag someone down to get a tow truck..??

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket

Sorry,couldn't help myself...:p

Bogunn likes this.
  7. cw2metz

cw2metz Member

Actually the acronym you cite is because Jeeps are the most highly customizable vehicles made. Because of the excessive number of aftermarket modifications possible if desired, you could literally “just empty every pocket” upgrading your Jeep.

4wd likes this.
  8. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Or fixing it, yeah I've had jeeps too..

'68 kaiser built cj5

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    cw2metz and Bogunn like this.
  9. OP
    GrantF

GrantF Member

Whoah thanks for all the replies!

It seems like the short box would be a better fit for me, but it looks like it’s more expensive and the only available TRD package is the TRD pro. Anyone know why this is? Seems odd to me.

And to the just empty every pocket thing......that IS intended for aftermarket parts, but it’s repairs that are forcing me to empty my pockets at the moment lol. Oddly I’m debating between a Tacoma and Golf GTI. Couldn’t be any more different.

10. OR17TRD

Is VW doing their $0 $0 $0 deal? I use to make fun of guys who drove those little GTI’s thinking they where badass’ and never even owned the car. Sign and drive boys I use to call them haha.

11. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

This will keep the bridges from burning between Jeep & Toyota...

Just

Enjoy

Every

Project

EDIT: Most people don't know that the first Toyota's built were made with Jeep parts left there by the U.S.after helping to rebuild Japan after bombing the shit out of them, after WW2...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM
    JonRod, TacoHog17 and Bogunn like this.
  12. OP
    GrantF

GrantF Member

Not sure what you mean about the $0 $0 $0 thing, but I'd be financing a purchase rather than leasing. If I go the VW route I'll wait for a 0% event. Unfortunately the Toyota salesperson told me that they don't do 0% events on Tacomas.

13. OR17TRD

Yeah it’s a lease thing $0 down, $0 at signing, $0 first payment.

14. sokyjeepster

sokyjeepster Member

Vdubs are great too!! I have a 1971 Super Beetle that runs like a top! Anywho, maybe wrong forum for that comment.....

Bogunn and 4wd like this.
  15. OP
    GrantF

GrantF Member

Gotcha. Definitely won't be leasing. I'm not sure how anyone can justify leasing a vehicle.

Thanks again for the replies everyone.

16. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

If you have a small business or possibly full time courier you can write the entire lease off your taxes..

17. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Naaa, who doesn't love an old bug, the first 4 wheeled vehicle I started offroading was a '64 bug with 6v system & a 36hp motor to push it around, that thing did great with the weight right over the rear wheels, I still miss it...

18. OP
    GrantF

GrantF Member

Right, but why not do that and finance instead?