Proud Tacoma Owner, New to Forum from Lewisville, TX.

Greetings. I am now the proud owner of a 2013 Tacoma 4x4 DCSB. I've been all over the forum and am addicted! I bought the truck Pre-owned Certified with 17k miles on it from the Toyota Dealership here in Lewisville. I love it! Just dropped the truck off at 4wheel parts this morning to install a leveling kit with new rims and tires. Here is the before picture. Will post the after picture tonight. Note: The previous owner put a TRD decal on the truck but it is not TRD... too bad.

Attachments

• 2013 Tacoma.jpg
    2013 Tacoma.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback there, whippersnapper. I just don't have the time, tools, knowledge, or $$$ to do a full suspension lift just yet but was eager to get a more aggressive "look" on the new truck. I have no plans on doing too much off-roading right now. I haven't read anything bad about 4wheel parts and feel confident that they will do a good job. I guess we'll see here in a few hours when I go get my truck.

4 Wheel Parts has a big reputation of doing crap work because the people they hire don't know how to work on vehicles. Check TW for many horror stores.

5100s are a little bit more that crap spacers and make a huge difference in ride quality. You don't have to offroad to get something other than spacers. You really just overpaid for fancy washers. Top plate spacers can bend the shock if you bottom out since you move the whole shock down so that the end of the travel is before the bumpstop.

tapatalk_1369245338415_zpsf5e45a90.jpg

Coil spacers make for a harsh ride.

Here's the upgrade!

Very pleased with the look!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Nice looking truck! However, I agree with Whipper, I too want my Taco to be level and waiting to have time to buy and install 5100's. After reading about spacers I won't go that route.

You don't have to be offroading to bend a shock like that, a pothole or curb can do that just as well using spacers. 5100's are adjustable to your desired height. And carry a lifetime warranty. I'm also in no hurry to dump tons of more money in my truck. I bought mine this year in Jan. Paid cash. No payments. When it's time for new shocks I'll replace them then and level. After that I'll be about ready for new tires which I'll go the next size up from 245's to 265's.

Thank you sir for the feedback as well. I didn't really want to lift it, just wanted bigger tires. But, I've already done it so hopefully I wont run into this problem. I guess I should've done a little more research before pulling the trigger on this. So, if I happen to bend a shock by hitting a pothole or a curb, I go buy a new shock, right?

Back