Question about lifts

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by PaulTheHoss95, Oct 3, 2013.

1. PaulTheHoss95

PaulTheHoss95 Active Member

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Crap. Look at Billy 5100s.

4. HellaNella420

HellaNella420 Well-Known Member

The bilsteins are only about 60 bucks more and way better.

5. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

You already made a thread on this exact subject?

you get what you pay for. Spacers are the cheapest way to go, but the worst option

their ride sucks, and they introduce the risk of damaging shocks because they extend the shock length without adding any travel

if you're not going to offroad, and you're going purely for looks; and there's no way to save up more money, they'll be fine.
    there's lots of people running spacers and are happy with them. However in terms of lift quality, there's a reason coilovers are $1400, to these spacers $250

6. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

He might keep asking until someone says Junk Country is good.:D

7. OffroadTaco4x4

OffroadTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

As we said before go with bilstien 5100s. For 150 bucks more it is defiantly worth it

8. OP
    PaulTheHoss95

Anybody got a link?

9. OffroadTaco4x4

10. OP
    PaulTheHoss95

This will level her out and bring her up a little bit also?

11. OffroadTaco4x4

You also have to get a 1.5-2 inch AAl for the rear. You can find that at DSM or wheelers.com

12. OffroadTaco4x4

If you want to lift the whole truck and level it out then get the 1-1.5 inch AAl for the rear. Also if you just want to level you can just get the front struts

13. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

"leveling" is just that, bringing the front of the truck up so that it is level with the rear; since all trucks come with a factory rake that has the rear 1.5"-2" higher than the front

"lifting" is where you add a lift component to the rear as well, so that instead of just bringing the front up a tad, you bring up the whole truck.

terminology aside, you gotta analyze what your budget is, and if you're going to wheel your truck

14. OP
    PaulTheHoss95

So can you give me a link for everything I'll need to get?

15. OP
    PaulTheHoss95

So can I level it out and then lift it later?

16. OffroadTaco4x4

No, you will lift and level in one step. If you get the billy 5100s and set them at 2.5 in the front (highest setting) and then get a 1in rear AAl which I believe they have on their site (check my first link) then that should level your truck out and lift it at the same time.

17. OP
    PaulTheHoss95

So I need bilstein 1500s in the front and 1 inch AAis in the back?

18. OP
    PaulTheHoss95

So I need bilstein 1500s in the front and 1 inch AAIs in the rear?

19. OffroadTaco4x4

That is correct, the set of four billies is 307bucks. You will want to choose the rear shocks rated for 0-1.5 inches of rear lift if you get the 1in AAl

20. OP
    PaulTheHoss95

Can you explain to me what the AAIs and the billys do to the rear?

21. OffroadTaco4x4

The rear AAl is a "helper leaf" it is placed inside your existing leaf pack and will lift the rear of the truck, the shock is just sized to accommodate the extra inch of lift.