Rack-It lumber rack for 2016 Tacoma....

fishing joe

It looks like i will finally be getting a lumber rack for my 2016 short bed double cab. I'm leaning toward a Rack-It lumber rack and was wondering if anybody has any experience with this? The have a steel and aluminum model. I was thinking of getting the aluminum one since i don't haul lots of heavy material but I'm concerned about the wind noise since the aluminum rack only goes part way over the cab? I had a Dakota with a lumber rack that howled..even after installing a little deflector is was sometimes irritating.

thanks for any input

It looks like i will finally be getting a lumber rack for my 2016 short bed double cab. I'm leaning toward a Rack-It lumber rack and was wondering if anybody has any experience with this? The have a steel and aluminum model. I was thinking of getting the aluminum one since i don't haul lots of heavy material but I'm concerned about the wind noise since the aluminum rack only goes part way over the cab? I had a Dakota with a lumber rack that howled..even after installing a little deflector is was sometimes irritating.

thanks for any input
They make racks that are higher up off of the truck that normally prevent wind noise, you could try looking and seeing if they could raise it, we have that on our work trucks and there is no howling at all

Back