Radio Muting By Itself

Malicious Mike

I have a 2019 TRD Offroad with the 6-speaker system. I have my iPhone paired with it over bluetooth. I've noticed that the radio has unexpectedly muted a few times. I assumed that I must have hit the botton on the wheel by accident. This morning, I had one hand on the wheel, the bottom of it, when it muted. I know I didn't hit that button. I wondered if maybe my phone was listening for Siri and that's why the radio muted. I intentionally brought up the Siri screen, and the radio did not mute. I was listening to XM at the time, if that matters. I think I had cruise control on too. It wouldn't mute as a safety precaution? IMG_2161.jpgIMG_2162.jpg
Anyone else have this muting issue?

Little annoyances like this can be quite aggravating for sure. If the radio doesn't mute while playing I would guess it could be the phone, or the app. I'm a bit technologically challenged so I start with the easy stuff. I would try a reboot of the phone first, just remove the battery for a few seconds and replace. If that's not it maybe try uninstalling the app, and then reinstall. If that's not it, I'm stumped like you. As I say I'm quite technologically challenged. :) I hope it's something simple Mike.

Back