Rattling/Vibrating Rapidly While Driving

Hello, My 07 Tacoma Prerunner has recently had an issue with rattling while im driving at specific speeds. For the past few months, whenever I would hit about 30-40 mph on city streets, it would begin to rapidly rattle until i gassed out of 30-40mph. A few friends who have worked on cars all their lives think it might be the fuel system, or possibly the u-joints. Has anyone come across these issues? And if so, have you found solutions?

Welcome to the forum.
Without audio or video it’s hard to tell you. But it may be the u joints. The truck is 11 years old and if they’ve never been changed it’s a good chance that’s what it is.

Hello, My 07 Tacoma Prerunner has recently had an issue with rattling while im driving at specific speeds. For the past few months, whenever I would hit about 30-40 mph on city streets, it would begin to rapidly rattle until i gassed out of 30-40mph. A few friends who have worked on cars all their lives think it might be the fuel system, or possibly the u-joints. Has anyone come across these issues? And if so, have you found solutions?
Welcome to the forum. How many miles are on it?

Welcome to the forum.
Without audio or video it’s hard to tell you. But it may be the u joints. The truck is 11 years old and if they’ve never been changed it’s a good chance that’s what it is.
Ill see if i can record some tomorrow, it may be hard to capture because it happens randomly. But thank you for the info.

Possibly your U-Joints on the drive shaft. I recently had a similar problem where when I was braking it would bind and cause vibration around 20-35km/h. Spray some penetrating lube on them and let it soak in for a bit. See if that makes a difference.

Back