Read your owners manual

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by TacomaLance, Aug 10, 2020.

1. TacomaLance

TacomaLance Well-Known Member

I'm glad I did. Took Taco in for first service. Owners manual indicates tire rotation front to back. The rinky dinky dealership did a cross. I'm glad I marked my tires. I called them on it and they said they always do it that way. I showed them the owners manual and had them re-do the rotation. Additionally, they over inflated the tires and the pressures were not consistent. Only reason I went to this dealership is because the next nearest one is an hour away. Now I'm waiting for a survey from them.

LuhDew, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I always do my own rotation....simple things the dealerships screw up makes me wonder how they do more advanced work. Good that you caught it and corrected them!

4. RonFad

RonFad Well-Known Member

You say the next dealership is an hour away. I have three dealerships closer to me than the one I choose to go to because of their service department. They listen to me and even let me watch how they do things. After I did my lift I took my truck for an alignment and while I stood there the service manager checked the toque spec's on the bolts for free. How often does that happen?

5. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

I personally believe that the dealership does it on purpose, because when you cross rotate radial tires there's a chance that the belt will knot up causing vibrations and the only fix is replacing the tire. I'm so lazy I don't read the manual until I need to know something but it's a lot easier just coming here and asking:D

LuhDew, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  6. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Thats why we're here Tape.

B-Man likes this.
  7. New2018TacomaBlue

New2018TacomaBlue Active Member

I drive an hour to go to a different dealership because the one in my town is awful. I have no problem doing it because the one I go to has an awesome service department. I want my truck taken care of and I know nothing about vehicle care.

Scott Wyman, B-Man and RonFad like this.
  8. jdr3366

jdr3366 Well-Known Member

You too?

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  9. LuhDew

LuhDew Member

Absolutely!

Awesome to see you were able to catch all these mistakes.

Bounty928 and B-Man like this.
  10. LuhDew

LuhDew Member

:D:D:D

SO TRUE

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  11. WooD

WooD WooD

The dealership I bought my truck from is pretty cool.

When I had my 10K service done I asked the service girl about deleting the seat belt chime...she said no way.

I waited outside under a gazebo thing they have, when the service dude drove my truck out, I told him I wished I could get rid of the chime. He said sit back down, I'll be right back.

Drove my truck back in and no more chime!

12. LuhDew

LuhDew Member

I went to the pull a part salvage and cut a seatbelt buckle off one. I buckle it in when I am making 400 yd trips to my rent houses etc...

B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  13. WooD

WooD WooD

Mine drove me crazy driving down the beach. Or even at a drive thru when I'd take the belt off to get my wallet out.

B-Man likes this.