Realistic price?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by k_h_d, Nov 3, 2018.

1. k_h_d

k_h_d Member

What’s a realistic discount to work for when buying a new Tacoma? Is 10% off MSRP doable? Just bought a Porsche and made it to 9% off but higher end cars may have more wiggle room. Probably could have gone more but I wanted the car sooner than later...

Please share the deals you have worked out.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. n7narcosis

n7narcosis Well-Known Member

Tacos are Toyota's best selling vehicle from where I'm from. Getting 10% off MSRP might be a tough challenge.

Dealers typically profit 4-5K from each MSRP sale, so you'll be hard pressed to get more without some form of manufacturer incentive that helps lower the dealer cost. Since Tacos are so popular and they're moving, no incentives are likely to occur.

I knew what truck and trim I wanted, knew what the profit margin was on the Tacoma, and was willing to offer $500 profit to the dealership for the sale. I put the offer out to 4\5 dealerships, and one eventually took me up on the offer. Happy and easy sale for both parties. The sales guy was 1 sale away from employee of the month so he was happy to take it.

mcodyv and kp.taco like this.
  4. TacoRick

TacoRick Well-Known Member

I was able to get mine at the dealer invoice price, which was roughly 3,000 dollars less than sticker. You can probably find the invoice list online.

OR17TRD and B-Man like this.
  5. 1luv45

1luv45 Active Member

I got my 18 dcsb sport for around invoice as well plus a few dealer add-ons that I wanted.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OP
    k_h_d

k_h_d Member

Any links to reliable invoice pricing? I found a thread about it but I dont think it’s been updated to 2018 or 19 prices.

Would like know what dealer cost is for packages and options are also.

7. sjoh527

sjoh527 Active Member

I just ordered my TRD OR at dealer cost. And Novembers incentive is $750. I won't be doing the actual buying until next month so I'm hoping the incentive is the same or better. Saved roughly 3 to 4 k.

OR17TRD and B-Man like this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Congrats!

9. 1luv45

1luv45 Active Member

Let me also add that I don't really shop based on invoice pricing, I shop based on out the door pricing because you know how dealers can be with all the additional bs when its time to sign those papers. So I figure if you can get an out the door price around the msrp of the truck then thats a pretty decent deal.

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. oconnor

oconnor Member

Yes. End of year, 10% is doable. On a '19 it would be pretty difficult I'd think.

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

I got mine for 1500$ off. That's all I could get with my dealer. 33k for a new trd off road access cab.(with extra addons)

OR17TRD likes this.