Rear Leafs/ Air Bags Help Please & Thank You!

Tacoma06

Hey Everyone, Alright. I know I need a new leaf spring pack, this new OEM recall replacements suck and my truck is sagging stupidly now.

1) What recommendations do y’all have for Air Bag helpers. I want to keep my 6” Fabtech lift... I really think this is the way to go as my Bed Load varies throughout the work week and camping trips. Good news... I already have my ARB air compressor located in my bed and have National Luna Dual Battery Yellow Top System with Blue Sea 12-fuse space block in the bed. So. I feel the hardest part of Air bags is kind of done. I would like an air bag system I can take my ARB compressor hose quick connect and add air as needed. Does this exists?

2) Leaf Pack that will hold my 6” lift and give me the Heavy Load rating I am requiring?

Thanks for your knowledge and time.

Never been a fan of pairing a tall lift with HD suspension.. but Old man emu makes some badass 2.5" HD packs that hold up well.. I'm sure they make a 6" too....

Hey Everyone, Alright. I know I need a new leaf spring pack, this new OEM recall replacements suck and my truck is sagging stupidly now.

1) What recommendations do y’all have for Air Bag helpers. I want to keep my 6” Fabtech lift... I really think this is the way to go as my Bed Load varies throughout the work week and camping trips. Good news... I already have my ARB air compressor located in my bed and have National Luna Dual Battery Yellow Top System with Blue Sea 12-fuse space block in the bed. So. I feel the hardest part of Air bags is kind of done. I would like an air bag system I can take my ARB compressor hose quick connect and add air as needed. Does this exists?

2) Leaf Pack that will hold my 6” lift and give me the Heavy Load rating I am requiring?

Thanks for your knowledge and time.
What is this heavy load rating?

Ur gunna need more than a leaf pack and bags to increase a rated payload.

Do you need a fullsize?

I’m not bottoming out if I move slow enough off road. I would guess I am around 500lbs more than stock OEM constant. I installed a Bushmaster 2.0 Dual swing arm rear bumper. I assume this is where my extra weight came in to play. Interesting enough though. When I had the recalled 3-pack Leafs. I had no sag with this bumper. My only logical conclusion is this New recalled 4-pack Leafs from Dealership = Suck.

Reactions: SCH
I spoke with ARB tech. Since I already have AAL 6” from Fabtech they didn’t think there AAL would fit 1 and 2 they didn’t think it would help. I am getting to the point of going to “Slee 4X4” 3 hours away to have them fab me up a new leaf pack worth having at this point. Fabtech has rebuilt all my shocks over the last 2 months. I have 1 new coilover 6” and 1 new 6” dirtlogic 2.25 rear.
In short. Shocks and everything else has either been rebuilt or replaced. It’s got to be this new 4-pack Leafs.

I’m not bottoming out if I move slow enough off road. I would guess I am around 500lbs more than stock OEM constant. I installed a Bushmaster 2.0 Dual swing arm rear bumper. I assume this is where my extra weight came in to play. Interesting enough though. When I had the recalled 3-pack Leafs. I had no sag with this bumper. My only logical conclusion is this New recalled 4-pack Leafs from Dealership = Suck.

Find your payload capacity (1200 at best), subtract the weight of this bumper compared to stock, along with any added armor and tools/toolbox/shell/cover, subtract your weight and passengers, and thats what your truck is left to carry.

Things add up fast, these are not a fullsize, and throwing on any leafpack in the world doesnt change gvwr

And yes, american model tacoma leaf packs are **** and cannot carry their rated payload capacity. From 2005 upward, they are a joke.

So many more reason why these trucks are best at 3” of lift or less.
winding-road-set-of-curves.jpg

Daily Run Weight: 729lbs. I should not have this sagging BS. anyways. I have 11” travel up front and 9” out back. Going to get the “Icon - Leaf Pack Helper with a 1.5” lift rating”. I bet this gets me damn close to being level again.

Yep. They go On tomorrow. I’ll let you all know if I get my ride height and weight corrected. My guys and I all are hopeful.

It’s about to get moved up before it gets smashed. But non-the less. The 3-Leaf expansion pack from Icon was the key to leveling Ms. Dahlila

Back