Recall!!!!

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by YEMX1988, Jan 11, 2019.

1. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm old fashioned but my view is if I make an 8am appointment for a 1 hour job I should be on my way home by 10am at the latest. The whole point of making an appointment is reservering youre time. Not my problem their shop foreman, service writers, or someone else with a b.s. know nothing title can't schedule a work load.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. flighht2k5

flighht2k5 Active Member

But **** happens sometimes that you may not know about.

4. Spiff215

Spiff215 Active Member

My 5k service was scheduled for today. When I arrived I was informed of the recall & asked if I had time for the recall repair to take place. Ultimately, they would not perform the recall "per Toyota's instructions" since I have an aftermarket grill. Nor will they perform the recall on a lifted vehicle. If I reinstall the factory grill, they will perform the recall. I asked for the part to install myself. Conveniently, the service manager was not around & they will need to call me later. 20190523_120400.jpeg

5. bdarnold12

Ssooooo, I guess what youre saying is that you've improved the safety of you're vehicle and now don't need the recall.

Spiff215 likes this.
  6. Spiff215

Spiff215 Active Member

Exactly....

marinerugger likes this.
  7. A_Randm_Soldier

A_Randm_Soldier New Member

They were supposed to replace the master cylinder and that’s it.

bgtaco likes this.
  8. WooD

WooD WooD

I made an appointment to have the recall done on my sensor thing. I also have an aftermarket grill. I asked the service dude about it, and he looked at it and said no worries. In and out in 45 min.

[​IMG]

9. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Nice! Like when its easy!

WooD likes this.
  10. bdarnold12

I got my notice today so will be calling tomorrow about getting it done. Mine is completely stock and no issues so far so we'll see what they say.

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. bdarnold12

I called my dealer when I got home from work today, got an appointment for 8:45 tomorrow for the radar thing recall. Surprised the hell out if me, I figured a week or better to get it in.

B-Man likes this.
  12. bdarnold12

Well my dealer experience was acceptable, got there about 8:30 ish for my 8:45 appointment. At 9:15 they took my truck in and I was leaving at 11:00. According to my service adviser they resealed the sensor and then recalibrated the system. I wasn't having any problems with it before so hopefully I still won't have any problems.

B-Man and Spiff215 like this.