Remote start compustart

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by MacGyver, Jan 28, 2019.

1. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

So just had the compustart pro 3 installed on a 2019 TRDS manual. Eh...once I figured out what reservation mode was, I love it. Make sure you give the parking brake an extra tug before you exit. Screenshot_20190128-190516.jpeg

Bogunn and Lil G like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen that brand before I will look it up

4. dirtytaco

dirtytaco Well-Known Member

I had one of the compustar kits on a past vehicle. I liked it. There is a company that makes a plug and play remote start kit that utilizes your factory key fob (press lock button 3 times and it starts) but with the push button start in the new Tacoma’s, as soon as the door opens the truck shuts off and you have to restart it. I understand there is no bypass for that on that kit. Does this compustar kit work the same way?

Bogunn, B-Man and Lil G like this.
  5. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

That’s a 12volt solution kit that dies when the door opens. I haven’t researched the other kit yet.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    B-Man likes this.
  6. OP
    MacGyver

I will look out for it tomorrow morning and let you know.

Lil G and B-Man like this.
  7. OP
    MacGyver

So the only time it shuts off"" is if you get in, don't turn the key to on and press the break.

B-Man and Lil G like this.
  8. OP
    MacGyver

It stayed on more then 10 mins bit shut off when I pressed the break without having the key is.

9. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Mine is push button but I bet it has something to do with the brake switch. Thank you for the update

Culater1965 likes this.
  10. OP
    MacGyver

It does, anti theft feature.

11. pauljboudreau

pauljboudreau Active Member

Automatic truck have keyless system, for some reason the manual don’t

Lil G and B-Man like this.
  12. larryhorner732000

larryhorner732000 New Member

Does anyone know what range the 12v solution has?

B-Man likes this.
  13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The 12 volt solutions uses your OEM fob. So what you get with your regular key.

B-Man and larryhorner732000 like this.
  14. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I've been as far away as about 75 ft and inside a building and mine worked!

15. baldy54

baldy54 New Member

I wished they made them for the 06. Has anyone heard of mobokey.com?? I hear some reviews about them.