Replacement speakers

Jcv2112

I'm looking into replacing my speakers for my 2010 Toyota Tacoma. Anybody have any suggestions?

Check Crutchfield and shop elsewhere for better prices. Crutchfield does include adapters and harnesses for free though.

Also figure out a budget because speakers can range from like $80 to $6000.

Thanks guys. I'm not interested in changing out the stock stereo just the speakers. I know one of those 2.5 door speakers is blown so I'm thinking just replacing all of them. Minorca stereo expert so wanted to know what sizes and brand I should get.

Thanks guys. I'm not interested in changing out the stock stereo just the speakers. I know one of those 2.5 door speakers is blown so I'm thinking just replacing all of them. Minorca stereo expert so wanted to know what sizes and brand I should get.
What did you end up getting? I'm in the same boat now, left side of my speakers no longer works not sure what happened so I'm looking to replace them as well

I've actually put it on the back burner. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Can you make it sound better without changing out the stock stereo?

You could go to taco tunes and buy adaptor plates to be able to put in any 6x9 or 6-1/2 speaker. Prices can range from about $25 to $120 for different kits.

I followed weendoggy's lead on TW and put in the same Focals and hidden Clarion mini amp. A quick Google should lead you to his awesome instructions.

I would go to taco tunes and buy everything from them I have all there stuff in my 2012 Tacoma and I never hear a more clear, loud stereo system I'm very very happy with it

Yea at least get taco tunes adapters then go to sonicelectronix.com by far the best prices on any brand

I have a 2015 access cab, and I replaced the door speakers with the Focal IS690TOY, a AudioControl LC2i to convert the speaker levels to main and bass line outputs. I installed the LC2i and a JL M200/2 under the passenger seat. I then installed a Kenwood KSC-SW11 150W compact powered subwoofer under the driver seat. Then I had to go back and install hush mats in the doors to clean up the vibrations. Overall its a great system, very loud and very, very clean. The stock speakers are an absolute joke. Cost for everything was about $800 (Crutchfield, Sonix and amazon carry everything you will need). The Focal speakers are truly plug and play so there is no need for any adapters or speaker rings; and running the power and wires is pretty easy. If you want I can post some pictures or a video.

I would go with the infinity reference 6.5 inch components. They sound excellent. Crystal clear sound and not to expensive. Wouldn't buy the kappa series seems they need an amp to sound clear where as the reference sound great right out the box..

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

Back