Retreads?

swelch669

Just wondering if anyone's ran retreaded tires on their rigs? Looking at getting some new tires and although I'll probably go with bfgs or coopers I found some amp mud terrains. They look just like toyo open country mts which I've ran before and had good luck with. Just wondering if retreads were worth saving 50-100 dollars per tire or are they gonna chunk out quick or wear faster than normal...

I would never run retreads(caps) on my truck. You need to remember that caps don't always hold. Now that the warm season is here you will start seeing more caps from truck tires on the hwy. And believe me when I tell you(if you don't already know) when a caps(retread) breaks loose it will do some damage. To either your vehicle, the vehicle behind you or both. I drive truck for a living. I've seeing caps break from a tire and punch a hole in the trailer floor. But it's up to you which way you go.

That's what I wanted to know. I don't drive my truck much unless I'm out hunting or playin in the mud. But I do run it down the interstate occasionally when I go to work if I need to pick up anything my work car can't carry... That's usually about a 600 mile drive one way. So caps don't sound like a good deal for me. Lol.

Checked treadwright out. Looks like a good enough deal... Not digging the 65% less rubber claim... 65% less where? But 128 per for bfg style is pretty damn good deal...

Back