roof mounted light bar

texastacoma

I have been wondering if anybody has done a unique roof mount... instead of above the windshield (which creates a very bright reflection off of the hood blinding the occupants(have experienced this problem with many different types of vehicles)) putting the light bar further back on the cab(over the rear doors on a double cab) to throw the light out and over the hood so you can still see. was wanting to see pictures, no hurry was just curious, have been wanting to do this for some time now but am skeptical about the odd position, and it wont be done for a while, at least on my taco.

thanks

I haven't seen any like that....
I'm actually working on making mounts to go in between the factory roof rails I have now

I have been wondering if anybody has done a unique roof mount... instead of above the windshield (which creates a very bright reflection off of the hood blinding the occupants(have experienced this problem with many different types of vehicles)) putting the light bar further back on the cab(over the rear doors on a double cab) to throw the light out and over the hood so you can still see. was wanting to see pictures, no hurry was just curious, have been wanting to do this for some time now but am skeptical about the odd position, and it wont be done for a while, at least on my taco.

thanks
Could always install a roof rack and put the light bar there. That might get it up enough to eliminate the glare. That's what I'm thinking of doing.

thanks[/Q
what are you using the light for? other than night driving which is obvious. Fast rate of speed, slow rock crawling, ect?

This is an old post... My intended use was for back road night driving in central Texas, I've since put lights on my bumper... Not intending to do this anymore

Back