Rough country 2" level kit

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by wjohnson10, Jun 2, 2020.

1. wjohnson10

wjohnson10 New Member

I am looking to put a rough country 2" leveling kit in my 2017 tacoma. Do I need to run differential drop spacers with this kit? Rough country and the shop installing it say no but I am skeptical. I am just running the leveling kit to fit 265x70x16s instead of 245s. Is this going to wear my cv out without the spacers?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Diff drop is not needed
    U cant run 265/70/16 or 265/75/16 on stick suspension?

4. cpomike13

cpomike13 Member

I got a stock 14' 4x4 and I already have 265/70/16, not even close to rubbing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That’s because it’s the stock size from factory. You could go up to a 265/75/16.

6. cpomike13

cpomike13 Member

If I could go up to a 265/75/16 which +1.04 bigger, what bout a 285/70/16 which is +1.1 bigger

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

It’s 0.5” closer hight wise. 285 is to wide for stock wheels. It’s the width, the 0.4” closer to the UCA that will stop it from working. You’d need wheel spacers or a lower offset. Probably have some rubbing at lock and require some mod to the wheel well liner. Also you’re limited to like one tire in that size. I think Nitto makes that size in their trail grappler which is a loud M/T. Good offroad but not a good daily.

cpomike13 likes this.
  8. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Skip the Junk Country kit and go with 5100s.

OR17TRD and cpomike13 like this.