Rubbing when I reverse

surge03

Just installed 2.5" level lift and installed 16/8 pro comp wheals and 265/75/16 AT. I also added 1.25" spacers on the front and 1" on the back, I was wondering if I should reduce the spacer size or did I go with to big of a tire?
I have an 06 tacoma pre runner 2wdImageUploadedByTaco Forum1415122118.893703.jpg

I think it's the spacer that did it because I run the same size tire and had no issues stock or lifted. Maybe you can just trim what rubs.

I tryed trimming already and it hits the frame only when I go in reverse and turn the wheel

It's definitely the spacers. I have the same problem. Except I have lift spindles (bumps wheel out 3/4") and my wheels are -12mm offset (bumps wheel out additional .47"). So the tire rubs when I reverse and turn wheel. Also when going forward and turn wheel while suspension flexes wheel upwards. Just gotta keep in trimming.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Taco Forum mobile app

Sounds like you are guna have to chop the cab mounts some, I've done it on my truck because I have 1.25 spacers all around

Looks like the corner of frame where it's hitting and don't want to trim that but I'll look closer to make sure it's the frame. I'll take a photo of it when I get a chance

I don't think 1/4" will do it. You'll have to trim body mount if you wanna keep those spacers. I'm still trimming my plastics and fender a little at a time. And I'm at a little less than 1.25" out.

Can I trim that corner on the pic I took? I realy like my spacers :) so if I can keep them I'll trim what ever I have to as long as it doesn't ruin important parts like the frame etc body I'm not worried about

Yeah. I was worried too. But I chopped it up and it's fine. Try not to cut into the hole. Trim along side it and leave the hole intact. It's the hole where the body bolt is accessed through. You'll see it from the bottom of the body mount.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1415239079.467772.jpg
This isn't my truck but it's an example of what it'll look like after you trim it.

It's a perch that the body sits on. It's not necessarily the main frame but it's attached to the frame.

Back