Seatbelt chime

cws752

I s there a way to disable the annoying seatbelt chime on a 2018 model Tacoma? Everyday I stop to get the mail at the end of my lane and don’t want to buckle up again. Drives me crazy!

I s there a way to disable the annoying seatbelt chime on a 2018 model Tacoma? Everyday I stop to get the mail at the end of my lane and don’t want to buckle up again. Drives me crazy!
Dealer........disabled mine.......light stays on but hardly notice it anymore!

I'm sure it's pretty simple to do. Try a Google search. I turned mine off in my 2nd gen... it drove me nuts [emoji35]

I know some vehicles have sensors that plug in underneath the seat that the seatbelt dinger is tied to. Now that I think about it, if someone is in the passenger seat and don’t have a seatbelt on, it beeps so I believe this is the case as it just senses the weight. I bought a case of beer and I had to buckle it up [emoji23]. Maybe just unplug the little harness under there and see if it stops.

I know some vehicles have sensors that plug in underneath the seat that the seatbelt dinger is tied to. Now that I think about it, if someone is in the passenger seat and don’t have a seatbelt on, it beeps so I believe this is the case as it just senses the weight. I bought a case of beer and I had to buckle it up [emoji23]. Maybe just unplug the little harness under there and see if it stops.
Eeeh... I feel safer with everything plugged in. Next time you get a service appointment setup, just ask them to jot that down in the notes...

Unplugging the sensor under the seat works but, it also disables the air bag from what I've read which means in an accident the air bag will not deploy.

Unplugging the sensor under the seat works but, it also disables the air bag from what I've read which means in an accident the air bag will not deploy.
I remember hearing something like this too, why I just got the dealership to do it.

Back