Short Bed Tool Boxes

Wes

Has anyone tried a tool box on their short bed? I have a 2011 prerunner double cab short bed and have been looking for toolboxes that fit. I think the UWS slim line will work but I dont know what size will fit.

I'm 100% satisfied with my installation of this Husky toolbox from good ol' Home Depot. I marked where the j-hooks would line up with the bed rails, removed them, and drilled a hole in each for the j-hooks to sink into. After reinstalling the bed rails, I put an extra set of washers and nuts on the j-hooks for the underside of the toolbox to prevent over-tightening when completing the installation. End result: one happy dude!
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1422881702.067905.jpg
To solve your concern, just about any over-the-rail box (like pictured) with 61-63" overall length should work just fine. Also, try to do a bit of research to decide on your toolbox purchase. My only issue with this Husky box is that the climate conditions of Northwest Oregon have caused the locks to be quite stubborn with a fresh key, but I hear it's fairly common with other boxes as well.

Back