should I fear to buy a Taco that has been off-roaded?

Guspuppy

I'm looking at a 2010 4cyl, 5sp, 4x4 Taco that has only 25k miles but the Carfax would indicate to me that it has been driven hard, like rock crawling - new tires three times in the last 4k miles, the dealership where it is located replaced the front brake pads and rotors and had to repair or replace the parking brake. In only 25k miles. The truck is exactly what I have been wanting - stick, 4x4, low miles, it even has a bench seat so my dog can relax on long drives.

So should I worry about mechanical problems in this truck? Do off-roaders normally sell/trade in their vehicles early or should I be concerned? The reason I am concerned is because I got burned badly by a Subaru Outback that I had heard nothing but good things about and I don't want to repeat that experience. I owned a Corolla for 224k miles and I long ago had a 1990 Toyota pickup I bought new and loved, so I trust the brand. I just wonder about this particular truck...
Thanks!

It's hard to say. Some just don't care how rough they play and some, like me, take care of there trucks. Mine is my baby, 2013 4X4 only 4500 miles and never been off road. I like to tread lightly so I'm still looking for a trail ride where I don't have to worry about damage. If you know anyone who off roads a lot see if they will look under it for dents or any damage that will show how rough it's been driven. The dealer can pressure wash it to make it look well taken care off.

Sent from my iPad using Taco Forum

I'd go with no my old taco I traded in iff lease has been wheeled very hard and been beat on...even jumped several times. The dealer has cleaned it up so well you can hardly tell its left the dealer. Be careful and certainly cautious if you ever buy off lease

Im easy on mine but i got a buddy that beats the f*** out of it and at a glance it looks fine, if I was you id have a mechanic give it the once over most dealers give a 30 day money back guarantee atleast the dealer i got mine from did. Earl stuart toyota. Then again so long as they wernt rock crawling they can take a good beating and not show any wear. Just dont do this lol ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1423160817.054156.jpg

Back