Skid Plates

MikeT

Noob
Any recommendations on skid plates. Can I just go with some aftermarket plate or is there any justification on buying the TRD one from the dealer? Does anyone have a skid plate on now that has had an experience where it saved their truck's underbelly?

Thanks! (New and excited member to the yota world!)

Any recommendations on skid plates. Can I just go with some aftermarket plate or is there any justification on buying the TRD one from the dealer? Does anyone have a skid plate on now that has had an experience where it saved their truck's underbelly?

Thanks! (New and excited member to the yota world!)
They're definately worth having on the truck, but it's really going to depend on how hard you drive ur truck and where. I wouldn't spend the money on a trd part though. You can have a custom plate made for almost the same money. Good luck.

Don't buy the TRD skid. It bends with the wind force when driving on the freeway. Ok not really but it isn't strong at all.

Pelfreybilt, Budbuilt and ATO(Armor Tech Offroad) all make a good product.

Thank you both about the heads up on the TRD products. I'll look into those brands you mentioned.

The TRD actually is two parts, the inner shield is steel and the outer is light weight powder coated aluminum alloy. This combination saved my front axial when I slid into a ditch. No damage to the truck or steel plate. Replaced the outer shell for 150.00 bucks.

The stock skid plate took a nice hit and bend in quite a bit. I pulled it off painted it and tacked 1/4 steel to the back of it for some more durability. But no doubt the stock one is more then enough for the average off road er.

The stock skid plate took a nice hit and bend in quite a bit. I pulled it off painted it and tacked 1/4 steel to the back of it for some more durability. But no doubt the stock one is more then enough for the average off road er.
Your not average thow are you :)

Back