Sound system my options

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Ironworker, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Ironworker

Ironworker Member

Well I bought my Tecoma TRD,I wish I researched my stereo options I don't have the system with rear sub woofer. At best buy the installer said "I'd have to install a entire new system if I wanted the sound of the up graded system option that I should've ordered . Is that true ? I just want sound in the back . Mine is a TRD with access cab.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

The access cab flux capacitor sub is a joke. It isn't even powered by its own amp. You can always add an aftermarket sub to the current system. All you need is an amp with high level inputs or a line converter. Which way you go depends on your budget. Best Buy just wants your money.

4. OP
    Ironworker

Ironworker Member

So what system would you recommend ? So your saying its not hopeless for making improvements on current system ?

5. whippersnapper02

Everything depends on what you want out of your system and what your budget is for it.

No it isn't hopeless. It is more hopeless for my truck with the JBL system but even then you can improve on it.

6. OP
    Ironworker

Ironworker Member

You don't like your sound system ? You also have the navigation system with it ? How is that working out ? Mine does sound good its just all the sounds are up front with you.

7. whippersnapper02

I have a 2010 so no Navi then. My system sounds pretty good but it can be better.

So you are looking for rear fill? Honestly that doesn't do much for quality but you can still do it. I would use the power from the headliner speakers to power some door speakers. You will have to cut a hole for them and run wiring to the doors.

8. ae111black

ae111black Moderator Moderator

I have all my stock components with a 200 watt amp pushing a dual voice coil 6" bazooka sounds great! I just tapped into my rear speakers line level signal and set the amps crossover to 100hz

9. MGMTacoLover

MGMTacoLover Well-Known Member

The jbl sounds great but it needs another amp to get the best bass sound for a factory stereo

10. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

That is the way its supposed to sound.
    A "good" system will make it appear as if all the sound is coming out of your front windshield. It shouldnt sound like its coming from the side where the speakers are, and definitely shouldn't sound like its behind you.

Most stock systems around like what you want... The sound filled around you. But in reality, that's wrong. Because most people haven't heard what a true system should sound like, when they hear it all coming from the front they say it sounds bad, but its just something to get used to.

Its called a soundstage. If you turn on your music and close your eyes, you should be able to visualise your dashboard as a concert stage. The vocals, guitar, drums, piano, etc, should all sound like they are being played live on this invisible stage in front of you. If they sound like they are coming from the side of you where the speakers are, your system isn't good. It might sound better cuz that's what your used to, but its not right.

Exactly. Rear speakers don't do much for quality, especially when properly tuned.

11. taco guy11

taco guy11 Well-Known Member

I have a double cab but I put in a line converter to give me my rcas and have a jl w3 8" behind the seat it fills out the sound pretty good everything else is stock. The little thing has big sound

12. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

W3 are my favorite sub!

13. taco guy11

taco guy11 Well-Known Member

I love this w3 never had one before this thing pounds and it loud for its size it's an 8" but is better than the 10's I've had in the past.

14. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

Heck yeah. I have the jl stealth box with two 10w1 but if I could fit two 10w3 in there I would do it in a heartbeat!!