Sound system my options

Well I bought my Tecoma TRD,I wish I researched my stereo options I don't have the system with rear sub woofer. At best buy the installer said "I'd have to install a entire new system if I wanted the sound of the up graded system option that I should've ordered . Is that true ? I just want sound in the back . Mine is a TRD with access cab.

The access cab flux capacitor sub is a joke. It isn't even powered by its own amp. You can always add an aftermarket sub to the current system. All you need is an amp with high level inputs or a line converter. Which way you go depends on your budget. Best Buy just wants your money.

The access cab flux capacitor sub is a joke. It isn't even powered by its own amp. You can always add an aftermarket sub to the current system. All you need is an amp with high level inputs or a line converter. Which way you go depends on your budget. Best Buy just wants your money.
So what system would you recommend ? So your saying its not hopeless for making improvements on current system ?

So what system would you recommend ? So your saying its not hopeless for making improvements on current system ?

Everything depends on what you want out of your system and what your budget is for it.

No it isn't hopeless. It is more hopeless for my truck with the JBL system but even then you can improve on it.

Everything depends on what you want out of your system and what your budget is for it.

No it isn't hopeless. It is more hopeless for my truck with the JBL system but even then you can improve on it.
You don't like your sound system ? You also have the navigation system with it ? How is that working out ? Mine does sound good its just all the sounds are up front with you.

You don't like your sound system ? You also have the navigation system with it ? How is that working out ? Mine does sound good its just all the sounds are up front with you.

I have a 2010 so no Navi then. My system sounds pretty good but it can be better.

So you are looking for rear fill? Honestly that doesn't do much for quality but you can still do it. I would use the power from the headliner speakers to power some door speakers. You will have to cut a hole for them and run wiring to the doors.

I have all my stock components with a 200 watt amp pushing a dual voice coil 6" bazooka sounds great! I just tapped into my rear speakers line level signal and set the amps crossover to 100hz

That is the way its supposed to sound.
A "good" system will make it appear as if all the sound is coming out of your front windshield. It shouldnt sound like its coming from the side where the speakers are, and definitely shouldn't sound like its behind you.

Most stock systems around like what you want... The sound filled around you. But in reality, that's wrong. Because most people haven't heard what a true system should sound like, when they hear it all coming from the front they say it sounds bad, but its just something to get used to.

Its called a soundstage. If you turn on your music and close your eyes, you should be able to visualise your dashboard as a concert stage. The vocals, guitar, drums, piano, etc, should all sound like they are being played live on this invisible stage in front of you. If they sound like they are coming from the side of you where the speakers are, your system isn't good. It might sound better cuz that's what your used to, but its not right.

I have a 2010 so no Navi then. My system sounds pretty good but it can be better.

So you are looking for rear fill? Honestly that doesn't do much for quality but you can still do it. I would use the power from the headliner speakers to power some door speakers. You will have to cut a hole for them and run wiring to the doors.

Exactly. Rear speakers don't do much for quality, especially when properly tuned.

I have a double cab but I put in a line converter to give me my rcas and have a jl w3 8" behind the seat it fills out the sound pretty good everything else is stock. The little thing has big sound

Heck yeah. I have the jl stealth box with two 10w1 but if I could fit two 10w3 in there I would do it in a heartbeat!!

Back