Spare tire for 2007 SR5

Stelcom66

The tires I have now are P245/75R16. Should the spare be the same tire since it's 4WD, unlike a 'donut' on a typical car?

It is hanging there, and I know it's the same full size tire as the rest. My question was if it does need to be the same size unlike cars. Trouble is it's stuck hanging there, the winch broke. Also, it's 16 years old and maybe time to get a replacement due to dry rot, but it seems to be holding air fine.

Sometimes you need to cut it loose if you can't get the hand crank free to drop the chain. I've had to pound the crap out of this mech. to free it up when removing the spare on older pickups.

Yes, I'm afraid that's what will need to happen. When I cranked it back up, it appears that the round part on the winch that the hook shaped end goes into broke off. I should have checked underneath and stopped when the tire was all the way up. I didn't think I turned it that hard once it stopped.

I guess where the spring meets the bolt under the plate is where it would need to be cut? Of course with something to hold the tire would need to be put in place.

Back