Spidery tax 1.25 spacers

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by B-RI, Sep 9, 2016.

1. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

Just ordered the Spidertrax spacers today to install on my 2016 Sport. Anyone ever had any problems with them.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. btp001

btp001 Well-Known Member

I've had mine on for about 6 months and no issues ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1473475341.809061.jpg

bumpedmyhead likes this.
  4. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Buy blemished... save money... nobody stares ar spacers anyhow, so no loss.

Toki and WEX like this.
  5. JBnPittsburgh

JBnPittsburgh Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1479088912.441277.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1479088922.942267.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1479088934.945174.jpg

Spidertrax 1.25".....no issues at all!!

6. Qwiksndmn

Qwiksndmn Active Member

I'm running G2 spacers, 4500 miles and no problems. Install them properly and you will be fine.

7. OP
    B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

I put them on and haven't had any problems at all. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1479872290.068511.jpg

bumpedmyhead likes this.
  8. Mobsan

Mobsan Member

Why is 1.25” such a popular size for spacers? Would 2” just look silly? I only have 285/75/16s and about 2” lift

9. bumpedmyhead

bumpedmyhead Well-Known Member

I have them, no issues in 3000 miles. 20180821_142708.jpeg

10. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

1.25” is more than enough to clear the UCA when running 285’s. 2” would be to much IMO.

11. bumpedmyhead

Mine are 265s, for reference

12. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Just for looks.

13. Mobsan

Mobsan Member

2” spacers?

14. Mobsan

Mobsan Member

Looks good whatever the size

Bogunn and bumpedmyhead like this.
  15. bumpedmyhead

16. bumpedmyhead

Mostly. With the OME suspension, it does get some two track and fire road time. More during this deer season.

Bogunn likes this.
  17. warakesTaco

warakesTaco Active Member

Well. I use to have 1” spacers non hubcentric all around and looked awesome but had a bad wobble around 50-60 mph. That was my last Tacoma I had, that being said I still love that look and every1 has guided me to get hubcentrics and that will fix my wobbling issue so they say ‍♂️. Haven’t tried them on my newer Tacoma tho.

18. Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

So I’ve been noticing some wheel traction loss or tire spin like feel when I accelerate faster than normal. I know what tire chirping feels like and it feels nothing like. Do you think it could be my wheel spacers? I need to just find some rims that fit the car better than these stock ones.

19. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Have you checked/ re-torqued everything lately? If everything is tight, that's not your problem. I, personally refuse to use them but some people never have a problem with them. Maintenance is key on those things.

No idea what you could be feeling, that's a strange sensation. Can you even check the tranny fluid on that truck? No idea. Worth a shot.

20. bumpedmyhead

Definately use hub centric. Wheel spacers have been around a long time, even used in racing and Nascar. They do require maintenance. I check the torque specs every tire rotation.

OR17TRD likes this.
  21. Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

I have but....I guess it wouldn’t hurt to re check them again. It almost feels like my tires are spinning and my wheels are locked in space for had a second or so, maybe I’m just feeling the transmission shift:confused: