Spyder[emoji768] PRO-YD-TT12-LBDRL-BK - Black LED DRL Bar Projector Headlights

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by meeechz, Nov 12, 2018.

1. meeechz

meeechz New Member

Spyder PRO-YD-TT12-LBDRL-BK - Black LED DRL Bar Projector Headlights

Toyota Tacoma 2013, Black LED DRL Bar Projector IMG_7872.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Those are AWESOME!

n7narcosis and meeechz like this.
  4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Did you seal them before install?

Bogunn, OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  5. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

My guess is no...

Bogunn, OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Find out after the first heavy rainy drive on the interstate.

Bojangles, Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  7. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Yep or carwash

Bojangles, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Not too late to seal them but I’d get on it sooner than later. They do look good.

OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  9. I've had these on for about 6 months now. I didn't seal them and haven't had any water ingress yet, but I know it's just a matter of time. I love the way they look, but the light output is actually pretty bad. Not at all what I was expecting to see (pun intended). If there are similar looking aftermarket lights out there with very high output (with minimal installation worries) someone please point me in the right direction.

Bogunn likes this.
  10. Bojangles

Nope, I've heard the same exact complaints for about 11yrs now.
    Stick with OEM or retrofit using projectors from the retrofit source

Spyder and the like have **** optics, leak, and the clear coat peels in about a year from the INSIDE.

11. Live and learn. :)
    I assume the projector retrofit uses the OEM housings? Is the light output substantially better than even OEM? Is anyone doing the retrofit as a service that I could send my OEMs that I still have to?

12. Bojangles

I'd suggest oem housings due to aftermarket lenses sucking ass.

Yes it is better than stock... Pure white if u get 4300k, mostly white with slight blue at 6000k. The projector controls the beam well and I know the fxr model will spread 7 lanes wide, but the cutoff is crisp so ur not blinding others.
    Check out tacomaworld.com for retrofit services... Yes ppl do that all the time ;)