SR5 Stock tires

ferball

I am planning to go off road exploring in a few weeks. Not planning on mudding or crawling just logging trails, access roads, forgotten New England back roads, that sort of stuff. I am still running my stock tires I figure the have another 10k in them before I need to replace them at which point I will get something made for getting lost in the woods, but in the mean time is there any reason I should be overly concerned about my stock tires performance on the trail? It's an SR5 not a TRD. I can find plenty of info praising the stock config down to the tires if the TRD, not found anything in the SR and I was pretty sure the tires/wheels were different enough between the two to merit the inquiry.

I am planning to go off road exploring in a few weeks. Not planning on mudding or crawling just logging trails, access roads, forgotten New England back roads, that sort of stuff. I am still running my stock tires I figure the have another 10k in them before I need to replace them at which point I will get something made for getting lost in the woods, but in the mean time is there any reason I should be overly concerned about my stock tires performance on the trail? It's an SR5 not a TRD. I can find plenty of info praising the stock config down to the tires if the TRD, not found anything in the SR and I was pretty sure the tires/wheels were different enough between the two to merit the inquiry.
I wouldn't be concerned at all but, out of curiosity, what tires come on the SR5?

If you upgrade wheels, you can easily go with a wider tire…but if you go ... I have a Toyota Tacoma 2005 Double Cab TRD SR5'

My 19 sr5 4x2 came with the 245/75r 16's. I don't know if the 4x4's come with the same size or not.

Back