Steering Column rub, etc.

efinkens1

‘17 OR Steering wheel rubs against the column shroud. Any advice?

Also, any ideas on how best to fix the passenger all weather mat (OEM) so it does move around? Velcro sticky didn’t work.

Thanks

Also, any ideas on how best to fix the passenger all weather mat (OEM) so it does move around? Velcro sticky didn’t work.

Thanks
Did you take it to the dealer for the rubbing steering wheel. That seems like something they should fix.
I have the same issue with the stock all weather mat. I wish they made it like the drivers side. My back mats slide around from people getting in and out too. Not as bad as the front passenger thought. I haven’t figured anything out to stop it. I also don’t have a lot of people drive with me so I seem to forget until someone gets in and out and I have to lean over and fix it.

Thanks, exactly my sitch. I’ll figure out the floor mat and share. Fortunately, I have an excellent dealer so I’ll run it over there and see what they can do on the steering wheel.

Thanks, exactly my sitch. I’ll figure out the floor mat and share. Fortunately, I have an excellent dealer so I’ll run it over there and see what they can do on the steering wheel.
That’s what I would do since it’s still under warranty. If it wasn’t than we would try and figure it out. Let us know what they say so if someone else is having similar issues.

That’s what I would do since it’s still under warranty. If it wasn’t than we would try and figure it out. Let us know what they say so if someone else is having similar issues.

I’m having seemingly the same steering column rubbing sound on my ‘18 Off-road. Haven’t taken it in yet. Any ideas of what the issue is and if anyone will actually be able to fix?

Did you take it to the dealer for the rubbing steering wheel. That seems like something they should fix.
I have the same issue with the stock all weather mat. I wish they made it like the drivers side. My back mats slide around from people getting in and out too. Not as bad as the front passenger thought. I haven’t figured anything out to stop it. I also don’t have a lot of people drive with me so I seem to forget until someone gets in and out and I have to lean over and fix it.
My 18 has the locks just like the driver’s side. It really helps keep my OCD under control!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGMQTQV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Several here have these and they work great. My front mat used to move alot.....now, doesn't move at all when my wifee gets in and out!
I finally put them on my 2017 after researching and looking at options. I didn’t want to use them because you have to cut a hole in the mat and the barbs catch the carpet. I have a feeling if they break or need to be removed it will tear up the carpet and you’re left with a holy mat. It does keep the mat in place which I have liked. OEM option on 2018/19 is best. Why they didn’t do it on the 16/17’s is beyond me.
E6AF33EC-0A51-4851-BF2B-A7F85E855E3D.jpeg

I finally put them on my 2017 after researching and looking at options. I didn’t want to use them because you have to cut a hole in the mat and the barbs catch the carpet. I have a feeling if they break or need to be removed it will tear up the carpet and you’re left with a holy mat. It does keep the mat in place which I have liked. OEM option on 2018/19 is best. Why they didn’t do it on the 16/17’s is beyond me.
View attachment 20749

When you get your ‘19 you’ll have the OEM ones.

Thanks
Shot in the dark here but:
My steering wheel rubbed on the shroud after I took it off to install the remote start kit. I soon realized it hadn't "clicked" back together properly when I reinstalled it.

As for the mats, eBay or Amazon kits as suggested. Or upgrade to an '18+!

Shot in the dark here but:
My steering wheel rubbed on the shroud after I took it off to install the remote start kit. I soon realized it hadn't "clicked" back together properly when I reinstalled it.

As for the mats, eBay or Amazon kits as suggested. Or upgrade to an '18+!

That’s a definite possibility on the steering column shroud. I did the same on my first remote starter install and had to fix it.

Back