Stock '08 audio system

Tacoma fan

Ok I know that the '08 Tacomas never came with an Aux connection to hook up your i pod ( mine didn't ) so can anyone tell me,would there b a connection on the back of the cd player /radio that was stock in the '08's ..also where on the back( left or right ) would it be located :)

The old stereos don't have an AUX input. Only the 09 and up stereos have it an most complain about the sound quality. Look at the USA SPEC PA15-TOY. You can get it for about $120 shipped.

It is. I run one and it is much better than just using my AUX port. I'm not sure why Toyota didn't make the Tacoma iPod compatible long ago. My ex's 08ish Scion TC was iPod ready.

It is. I run one and it is much better than just using my AUX port. I'm not sure why Toyota didn't make the Tacoma iPod compatible long ago. My ex's 08ish Scion TC was iPod ready.

thanx for the link...just finished lookin at it ...very simple install :yes: :thumbsup:

If you get it make sure it works properly before you bolt everything back up. Watch those dip switches.

Mine is just in front of the cup holders and the cable runs to the center console.

2011-03-20_11-41-34_678.jpg

If you get it make sure it works properly before you bolt everything back up. Watch those dip switches.

Mine is just in front of the cup holders and the cable runs to the center console.

2011-03-20_11-41-34_678.jpg
will cprobarly somehow attach my 2nd generation nano under the air vent closest to the steering wheel and run cable via glove box

Back