Sub and amp for 2018 Taco double cab

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by hanggtime, Jul 6, 2018.

1. hanggtime

hanggtime Member

Hey guys,

I’ve seen a few of these online, but does anyone have any recommendations for a Sub and Amp install behind my back seats?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

I went with Tacotunes. I bought a 12 inch sub box from them(already had a 12 inch su speaker), their 4 channel amp, and plug an play wire harness. Works well for me.
    https://tacotunes.com
    IMG_0714.jpg IMG_0715.jpg

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I was looking into this product just for the sub/amp and harness after I did the kicker upgrade to the dash and door speakers.

http://oemaudioplus.com/toyota/

Lnu Taco likes this.
  5. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

I had already upgraded the door speakers to Focal and the tweeters to pioneer. Also added a Clarion EQ. Purchased from Amazon and Crutchfield. IMG_0712.jpg IMG_0713.jpg

6. Bob-Taco2013

Bob-Taco2013 New Member

Your Taco is a 2018 right?

Lnu Taco likes this.
  7. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

It’s a 2016

8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

OP’s was a 2018. @B-RI set up would work for a 2018.

9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Nice setup

B-RI likes this.
  10. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

Ya.... it would work on any 3rd gen without the JBL package. Hell, it might even work with that as well.