Tacoma 07, vibration start running.

ATL

Hello

Has anyone has felt a kind of vibration when you are just starting to run, like 5 mph 1500rpm?

I have a Tacoma 2007 4.0l and I started to feel this a couples of days ago, this just happen in low speed and not always, also when I am decelerating I feel this also, a little bit less than when I start to run.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks.

No, i did not, is very weird, the vibration just occurs when I drive in a very slow speed, like 5-10 mph. I am starting to think that could be the transmission because seems like when the change from first shift to second shift occurs the vibration disappears.

95k miles, I did entire service for injection system, motor and transmission a couple of months ago and all was very good until last week when I started to feel this in my Tacoma.

I ask about the lift kit or leveling kit because I installed an 1.5 block lift in the rear and felt that vibrant. Then I took it back off and it went away.
You can check out your drive shaft center bearing, it might be going out.

I have a 2007 with the same problem. It usually happens when the weather is below 65ish degrees and at low rpm. I thought it was the plastic motor cover but have since removed it with the same results. I bought my truck with 40k and it has always made this noise.
I don't think motor mounts or a lift kit have anything to do with it because my truck isn't lifted and only 40k on the dial.
Any other ideas? Thanks!

One of my buddies has been in service for Toyota for 24 years. He drove my truck and said its the center drive shaft support bearing. They've know about it for years in gen 2 tacos . They offer a spacer as a fix and it usually doesn't fix it. Design flaw and I told him I thought it might be my transmission. He said no it's not the transmission!

Vibration could be your air intake tube that exits the body on the passenger side.

I have dealt with a vibration noise (mainly when it's below freezing and running in low rpm) since I have owned my truck ( roughly 60k miles). Yea, I'm lazy.... Anyway
Every time I asked a service guy to look at it, they said the truck was fine and heard nothing... Of course..
I finally took the time to grab a service writer by their "f'ing" hand and took them for a ride. She (the service writer) heard exactly what I heard and reported it to her mechanic on the spot. He popped the hood and rattled my air intake tube where the end of the tube meets the body, inside the wheel well on the passenger side.

You can fix this for $190 from Toyota or $5-$10 from lowes by using an addition type of adhesive or double sided tape in between the metal frame and existing foam "washer".

I hope this helps, chive on..

I have a vibration/rattle when i accelerate form a stop. It goes away when i get above 30/35 mph. It also vibrates/rattles like something is loose when the road surface isn't even. I've a 2007 v6 prerunner. Anyone know what the cause could be?

Back