Tacoma 2018 TRD Sport Navigation and Entune System

Hello folks,

Got a question on the Tacoma 2018 Navigation and Entune System.

Let's say I am driving down the road, with the audio off, and would like to use the entire system screen to display the navigation system map (no specific destination set), just to have some info on where I am. The system shows a split screen (refer to photo 1 below), showing the navigation map in the half right, and wasting the half left of the screen to let me know the audio is off.

I then briefly touch the map area, which makes said map maximize to take over the entire screen, exactly what I am looking for (refer to photo 2 below), but a few seconds later, the system reverts to the worthless split-screen setting.

Is there any way to make the map remain maximized, such as it is shown in photo 2?

Thanks

Attachments

• Photo_1.jpg
    Photo_1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95
  • Photo_2.jpg
    Photo_2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 91
Yes you need to go into screen settings or customize and you can have 1-3 items on the home screen I believe just choose the navigation and 1. If you cant figure it out let me know and I can go down and look.

Thanks, Brawler, what you are telling me is exactly how I would expect the system to work, meaning, allowing the user to set 1, 2 or 3 panels.

However, page 35 of the navigation and multimedia system manual (see photo 3 below I just inserted) states you can only set the home screen to either two panels (the setting I currently have) or three panels. No No mention of a 1-panel setting. If you know how to get around this, I would be very thankful f you let me know how.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo_3.jpg
    Photo_3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 69
When I get a chance I will go down and look I believe when I picked the truck up mine was only 1 panel bit maybe I am wrong I will take a look when I can and let you know

With my Entune 3.0, you can just touch the NAV portion and it will take up the screen. Another way is to push the apps button and select navigation.

Yes, I can do the same, Nancy, with either method, however, after about 30 seconds, the screen reverts back to the 2-panel setting. This is really odd.
Thanks

Back