Tacoma ECU Tuning

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Off_Road16, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Off_Road16

Off_Road16 New Member

Does anyone offer ecu tuning? I love my truck and over all power but I am looking to get a bit more power with the bigger tires or at least make the transmission and pick up a bit more fun. My brother has a bimmer and he is keep telling me about TTFS (Tuningtech) but I wanted to research more and and really know all of my options before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance gents.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You can also change the gear ratio and get more out of it with the bigger tires.
    Welcome to the forum.

Timothy h devine likes this.
  4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    WEX likes this.
  5. WEX

WEX Well-Known Member

Subd

6. mrproduxn

mrproduxn Well-Known Member

Version 1.02 is now available

7. OR17TRD

From where?

8. mrproduxn

OVTune

9. whippersnapper02

OP hasn't been on since June anyway.

10. OR17TRD

More info for the rest of us.

11. mrproduxn

On TW exclusively I guess

12. whippersnapper02

Yeah let's post it on every thread. :D

13. mrproduxn

Personally I have not bought the tune but am following the progress. I am fortunate that mine runs and shifts decent. I plan on riding out the warranty in the hopes another transmission update comes out to fix my minor issues. Really waiting for some tune competition to hit the market for comparison. I think it is taking longer to tune with the Atkinson cycle engine. I know that the new 2018 Camry 3.5 engine is boasting 301 hp without using the Atkinson cycle.

14. whippersnapper02

The 3.5 in the Camry is more similar to thr 3.5 in Lexus vehicles than the 3.5 in the Tacoma. Cam profiles and many other things are different.

The Atkinson part doesn't add much complexity to the tuning. You can just set it to never enter Atkinson mod. Boost was done before in the Mazda Millennia. The engine was called Miller Cycle.