Tacoma FNG

Blackfoot 7

New guy from Colorado. Just picked up a nice used 2009 Tacoma today, double cab short bed. Clean title, one owner, less than 35K on the clock. Already came equipped with some nice upgrades, and I'm already looking for ways to upgrade/modify it. Looking forward to corresponding with you all.

New guy from Colorado. Just picked up a nice used 2009 Tacoma today, double cab short bed. Clean title, one owner, less than 35K on the clock. Already came equipped with some nice upgrades, and I'm already looking for ways to upgrade/modify it. Looking forward to corresponding with you all.
Welcome. That's low mileage for the year. Any pics? Make sure all recalls have been done. And not to rain on your day but check the frame. Make sure it's not rusted. Any questions just ask. We are all family here and help each other.

Welcome. That's low mileage for the year. Any pics? Make sure all recalls have been done. And not to rain on your day but check the frame. Make sure it's not rusted. Any questions just ask. We are all family here and help each other.

Thanks. The original owner provided a full service history, which I looked over prior to the purchase. I saw that the accelerator recall was performed and the necessary parts were replaced. We also had a local Toyota service department do a complete check of the vehicle before we committed to the purchase, which the previous owner paid for. The previous owner had also purchased an extended warranty, and any issues that were found during the check was fixed on the spot. Only thing that didn't get done was replacing the broken antennae, which wasn't covered under the warranty and is something I intend to fix myself, and changing out the tires which still have a significant amount of life in them. I elected to ride them out and replace them later down the road. No rust found. I'll try to get some pics up later. Overall, not a bad day, and a happy new Tacoma owner. Where should I post the pics? Here or in the general forum?

Thanks. The original owner provided a full service history, which I looked over prior to the purchase. I saw that the accelerator recall was performed and the necessary parts were replaced. We also had a local Toyota service department do a complete check of the vehicle before we committed to the purchase, which the previous owner paid for. The previous owner had also purchased an extended warranty, and any issues that were found during the check was fixed on the spot. Only thing that didn't get done was replacing the broken antennae, which wasn't covered under the warranty and is something I intend to fix myself, and changing out the tires which still have a significant amount of life in them. I elected to ride them out and replace them later down the road. No rust found. I'll try to get some pics up later. Overall, not a bad day, and a happy new Tacoma owner. Where should I post the pics? Here or in the general forum?
Good call. Post pics here.

A low res smartphone pic is the best I can do right now. I'll post better pics when I start the Mod evolution.

EmwCfp.jpg

Right on, brother. No worries, and thanks. I'm looking to add an ARB Deluxe Bull Bar and Warn winch kit as my first mod.

I wouldn't mind a winch myself. I just bought mine yesterday. All stock except the wheels and tires I had on my 04. The dealer let me keep them surprisingly.

Attachments

• 1436041713046.jpg
    1436041713046.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 21
Nice. What make/model tires? I'm pretty sure mine is a base model 4x4. There's no TRD, SR5 or anything indicating otherwise. I didn't bother to ask the seller considering I liked the way it was already set-up as is, and the main criteria of it being 4x4 capable having been met.

Back